May I go to any dentist?
Yes, however, for maximum benefits at the lowest cost visit a participating network dentist.
What's the benefit of seeing an in-network dentist?
If your dentist is not in the network you still recieve benefits, but you will pay higher out-of-pocket costs for the dental services.
To verify if a dentist participates in the Network, visit our
What is the billing process?
- Prior to receiving services, review your plan certificate for important plan information, such as deductibles or required waiting periods.
- When you visit a dentist, simply present your HumanaDental identification card. The dentist will submit the claim to us on your behalf.
- HumanaDental will review the claim and reimburse the dentist for eligible charges.
- HumanaDental will mail an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) to your home. Your dentist will bill you for your portion of the charges. If you visit a participating PPO network dentist, your dentist cannot bill you for amounts over the negotiated fees, ensuring lower out-of-pocket costs for you. You pay your dentist directly, if applicable.
What services are covered under this plan?
- Oral examinations
- Topical fluoride treatmen
- Periodontics (gum therapy)
- Endodontics (root canals)
- Space maintainers
- Emergency care for pain relief
- Basic oral surgery services - basic extractions of erupted tooth or root
- Appliances for children
- Prefabricated stainless steel crowns
- Inlays and onlays
- Denture relines and rebases
- Denture repair and adjustments
- Complex oral surgery