MayI go to any dentist?
Yes. You can visit any dentist in the phone book. All dentists will honor this plan. You may also change your dentist at any time.
What's the benefit of seeing an in-network dentist?
You could save on your out-of-pocket costs for covered services.
For the most current dentist information or to verify if a dentist participates in the HumanaDental PPO Network, visit our
What is the billing process?
- HumanaDental will mail an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) to your home.
- Prior to receiving services, review your plan certificate for important plan information, such as deductibles or required waiting periods.
- When you visit a dentist, simply present your HumanaDental identification card. The dentist will submit the claim to us on your behalf.
- HumanaDental will review the claim and reimburse the dentist for eligible charges.
- Your dentist will bill you for your portion of the charges. You then pay your dentist directly.
What services are covered under this plan?
|Covered preventive services at 100%
Covered basic services at 50%
- Oral examinations
- Topical fluoride treatment
- Extractions and root removal (nonsurgical)
- Amalgam, composite filings
- Emergency care for pain relief