May I go to any dentist?
Yes. This plan gives you freedom in selecting a dentist.
What's the benefit of seeing an in-network dentist?
You could save on your out-of-pocket costs for covered services.
For the most current dentist information or to verify if a dentist participates in the HumanaDental PPO Network, visit our
What is the billing process?
- HumanaDental will mail an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) to your home.
- Prior to receiving services, review your plan certificate for important plan information, such as deductibles or required waiting periods.
- When you visit a dentist, simply present your HumanaDental identification card. The dentist will submit the claim to us on your behalf.
- HumanaDental will review the claim and reimburse the dentist for eligible charges.
- Your dentist will bill you for your portion of the charges. You then pay your dentist directly.
What services are covered under this plan?
- Oral examinations
- Topical fluoride treatment
- Periodontics (gum therapy)
- Endodontics (root canals)
- Space maintainers
- Emergency care for pain relief
- Complex oral surgery
- Routine extractions
- Appliances for children
- Prefabricated stainless steel crowns
- Inlays and onlays
- Denture relines and rebases
- Denture repair and adjustments